UPDATE: E & I – UMCOR Project 2017, Health Kits are be brought to Lakeview 9/15-16, 2017.
We have the 2017 information on UMCOR Kits and Flood Buckets below.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD : hands-on-2017
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: umcor-kits-2015_cleaning-bucket
UMW “HANDS on” PROJECT 2017 FOR UMCOR
1 hand towel
15″ x 25″ to 17″x 27″. Kitchen, cleaning and microfiber towels not acceptable
Comb needs to be sturdy and longer than 6″. No pocket combs or picks, please.
Rattail combs and combs without handles are acceptable with a minimum of 6″ of teeth
1 metal nail file or clipper
no emery boards, please
1 bath-size soap
3 oz. and larger sizes only. No Ivory or Jergens soap due to moisture content, do not remove from original packaging
Adult size only, do not remove from original packaging
6 adhesive bandages
¾” to 1″ size common household Band-Aids
1 plastic bag
One-gallon size sealable bags only
$1 to purchase toothpaste
Set the $1 for toothpaste aside to be included in a separate envelope. Lay out the hand towel flat on a table. Lay the washcloth flat in the center of the hand towel. Place all remaining items on top of the washcloth. Fold over the sides of the hand towel to cover all of the items. Fold over one end of the hand towel so that it covers all of the items. Grasp the bundle of items tightly and roll over the remainder of the hand towel tightly. Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- All items must be new.
- Do not wash any of the items as they will be considered used.
- Please remove all packaging.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items – nothing more.
- DO NOT include any personal notes, money or additional material in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
- UMCOR is now purchasing toothpaste in bulk to be added to health kits before shipping to ensure that the product does not expire before they are sent. Do not put single dollar bills in each kit. Collect all monies for toothpaste, and shipping, place it in a separate envelope and send along with the kit donations.
Processing & shipping costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent to areas in need. For Cleaning Buckets: $1.50.
Last updated 01-30-2015
1 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
Buckets from fast-food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned. Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner. Advertisements on the outside are acceptable.
Liquid laundry detergent
two 25-oz. or one 50-oz. bottle(s) only
Liquid household cleaner
12-16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water no spray cleaners
16-28 oz. bottle, any brand
1 can air freshener
aerosol or pump
1 insect-repellent spray
6-14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
1 scrub brush
plastic or wooden handle
18 cleaning wipes
handi-wipes or reusable wipes no terry cleaning towels remove from packaging
no cellulose sponges due to mold issues remove from wrapper
5 scouring pads
remove from wrapper
no stainless steel, Brillo pads or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in)
two 50-ft. or one 100-ft. cotton or plastic
24-roll heavy-duty trash bags
33-45 gallon sizes remove from the box
5 dust masks
2 pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves
should be durable enough for multiple uses remove from packaging
1 pair work gloves
cotton with leather palm or all leather
Place all liquid items in the bucket rst. Place remaining items in the bucket tting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins and trash bags can be separated in order to t all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
- – All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid.
- – All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please.
- – If you cannot nd the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including largersizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.
- – If all of the items on the list are not included, please put a label on the bucket indicatingwhat has been omitted.
- – Cleaning buckets are only used within the United States. They are not opened to verifythe contents unless there is indication some items have been omitted.Packing kits
Box weight: Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
- Complete two packing lists – one for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
- Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shippinglist helps the depot to quickly process kits.
- Processing & shipping costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 foreach kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent to areas in need. For Cleaning Buckets: $1.50.
Last updated 01-30-2015
If you are interested in attending contactTheresa Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
UMW Assembly will be held in Columbus,OH – May 18 – 20, 2018. Registration will open September 1, 2017, Hotel are open for reservations.
This years Mission u agenda is below. Also, some of the events of the days will be live streamed on our Facebook page, go like it if you cant make it to watch!
2017 Hazel Decker Award goes to Paulette Moore-Hall
Speaker Rebbeca Lovelace Bradley