UMW “Hands On” Project 2020 for UMCOR
***KITS WILL BE TAKEN AT ANNUAL MEETING THIS FALL.
Hygiene Kit Value: $12.00 per kit Hygiene Kit Materials
One hand towel (15 x 25 –17 x 27 inches) o No kitchen, cleaning, or microfiber towels
▪ One washcloth o No kitchen, cleaning, or microfiber towels
▪ One comb o Must be sturdy with at least 6 inches of teeth o No pocket combs or picks o Rattail and combs without handles are acceptable but must have at least 6 inches of teeth
▪ One toenail or fingernail clipper o No emery boards or metal nail files
▪ Bath-size soap (3 oz. bar or larger) o No Ivory or Jergen’s soap o Do not remove from packaging ▪ One adult toothbrush o Do not remove from packaging o Personal advertising not acceptable
▪ 10 adhesive bandages (¾ by 3 inches) o Common household bandages acceptable
▪ One one-gallon size re-sealable bag Assembly Instructions
▪ Lay hand towel flat on a table.
▪ Lay the washcloth in the center of the hand towel.
▪ Place all remaining items on top of the washcloth (except the plastic bag).
▪ Fold the sides of the hand towel to cover the items.
▪ Grasp the bundle tightly and roll over the remainder of the towel.
▪ Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag, remove air, and seal.
▪ Include $2.00 per kit for toothpaste and packing.
▪ All items must be new.
▪ Do not wash any of the items as they will no longer be considered new.
▪ Do not include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits.
▪ Contents of kits or the containers of kits should not be imprinted with cartoon characters, advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols
School Kit Value: $11.00 per kit School Kit Materials
▪ One pair blunt scissors o Round tip only o No plastic scissors
▪ One box of 24 crayons o Only 24-count boxes are accepted
▪ Three one-subject notebooks o No marble composition books o No 3 or 5-subject notebooks
▪ One pack of loose-leaf paper o 100-200 page packets are acceptable o Wide or college rule accepted
▪ One hand-held pencil sharpener o 1-inch or longer o Remove from packaging
▪ One ruler o 12 inches or 30 centimeters long o Sturdy or flexible material accepted
▪ Six unsharpened pencils
▪ One eraser o Two inches or larger
▪ One two-gallon re-sealable plastic bag Assembly Directions
▪ Stack all paper items on top of each other.
▪ Place all loose items on top of paper. o Small loose items may be placed in a smaller re-sealable bag.
▪ Place kit inside of re-sealable bag and seal.
▪ Include $1.00 per kit for packing.
▪ Homemade or purchased cloth tote bags are no longer being accepted.
▪ All items must be new.
▪ Please do not include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits.
▪ Contents of kits or the containers of kits should not be imprinted with cartoon characters, advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols.