UMW “Hands On” Project 2021 for UMCOR
DOWNLOAD UMCOR KIT 2021 PDF https://txconfumw.files.wordpress.com/2021/01/2021-umcor.pdf
***KITS WILL BE TAKEN AT ANNUAL MEETING THIS FALL.
2021 UMCOR ~ United Methodist Women
Hands on Project ~ Hygiene Kits
(1) Hand towel 15″ x 25″ to 17″x 27″ (Kitchen, cleaning or microfiber towels, not acceptable)
(1) Wash cloth
(1) Comb (No pocket combs or picks, please).
Comb needs to be sturdy and longer than 6″. Rattail combs and combs without handles are acceptable with a minimum of 6″ of teeth
(1) Metal nail file or clipper No emery boards or metal files
(1) Bath-size soap (No Ivory or Jergens soap due to moisture content)
3 oz. and larger sizes only and do not remove from original packaging
(1) Adult size toothbrush. Do not remove from original packaging Personal advertising not acceptable
(6) Adhesive bandages
¾” to 1” size common household Band-Aids
(1) Plastic bag (One-gallon size sealable bags only)
$1 to purchase toothpaste, $1 for shipping.
UMCOR is now purchasing toothpaste in bulk to be added to health kits to ensure that the product does not expire before they are sent.
DO NOT PUT MONEY IN THE KITS OR ENVELOPE IN THE BOX!
Set the $2 aside to be included in a separate envelope. Put all cash or checks in the envelope; write your district and church name, how many kits and how much money. Give envelope to person(s) collecting kits.
- Lay out the hand towel flat on a table.
- Lay the washcloth flat in the center of the hand towel.
- Place all remaining items on top of the washcloth.
- Fold over the sides of the hand towel to cover all of the items.
- Fold over one end of the hand towel so that it covers all of the items.
- Grasp the bundle of items tightly and roll over the remainder of the hand towel tightly.
- Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- All items must be new.
- Do not wash any of the items as they will be considered used.
- Please remove all packaging.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations.
- Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that the
kits contain only the requested items – nothing more.
DO NOT include any personal notes, money or additional material in the kits.
These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.