Theresa Graham has asked us to share the following information with you and please pass on to your Local Units:
UMCOR has recently updated the requirements for the Relief Supply Kits. This year the Texas Conference United Methodist Women are assembling School Kits the instruction for assembling these kits have changed. Originally we were required to put the materials in a Cloth Bag. The instructions have changed to place the materials in a re-sealable (2 gallon Zip Lock Bags) bag and seal. Please note if you have already assembled kits in Cloth Bags they will be accepted.
MORE UPDATED INFO (June 1, 2018):
UMW “Hands On” Project 2018 for UMCOR
- 1 pair blunt scissors
rounded tip only no plastic scissors please
- 3-1 Subject Notebook*
No marble composition books. No 3 or 5 – subject notebooks
- 1 Pack of 100-200 Sheets Loose-Leaf Paper*
100-200 page packets are acceptable. Wide or College Rule accepted.
- 1 hand held pencil sharpener
must be at least one inch long remove from packaging
- 1 -30 centimeter ruler
One inch long, remove from packaging
- 6 unsharpened pencils
- 1 -2 inch or larger size eraser
Remove from packaging
- 1 -24 count box of crayons
only 24 count boxes please
- 1 – 2 gallon resealable plastic pages (like ziplock)
Place all loose items on top of paper. Turn items sideways and slide into the cloth bag. Fold over the top of the bag so loose items don’t fall out.
- Stack all paper items on top of each other.
- Place all loose items on top of paper. a. Small loose items may be placed in a smaller re-sealable bag.
- Place kit inside of re-sealable bag and seal.
- Pack kits in a box, do not put monies in the kits, put in envelope, write District and Unit Name, how many kits and amount enclosed ($1.00 per kit).
All items must be new.
– DO NOT include any personal notes, money or additional material in the kits.
The donation enables kits to be sent to areas in need.www.umcor.org.